The churn report is a popular way to find poorly performing advertisers by leveraging SOOMLA data.
The report is suited for apps that meet the following criteria:
- Apps where the SOOMLA version is already propagated to over 90% of the user base
- App data health is in good shape with no known issues
- Apps where the network connector versions are updated and working well
The report you will receive from SOOMLA will be in a CSV format where each row represents a advertiser. For each advertiser the report will include the platform, ad network, and ad type where a user saw an impression. The report then contains multiple columns to give an insight into the churn per advertiser.
- Impressions - the number of ad views showing for an advertiser with the filters applied
- Churned - the number of users churned after clicking on an ad for this advertiser with the filters applied
- Revenue - money generated from impressions as defined above
- CPM - revenue from each 1,000 impressions as defined above
- LTV - this is a placeholder value which should be changed as explained above
- Lost Revenue - [calculated field] - number of churned users multiplied by the LTV
- Net Revenue - [calculated field] - revenue minus lost revenue
- Net CPM - [calculated field] - net revenue for each 1,000 impressions
Here is an example
Main Purpose of the Report
The main purpose of this report is to provide advertiser data for you to work with your ad networks. When underperforming advertisers are found in the report you are able to let the ad networks know which advertisers are underperforming and why. It may also be possible to bring in well performing advertisers based on the data provided in the report.
Relevant Case Studies
Finding advertisers who are churning more than the expected level in the industry can help you avoid poorly performing advertisers. Knowing the industry benchmarks is important to determining which advertisers are performing poorly in your app and can be found here https://soomla.com/case-studies.html#industryreports.
Examining the churn through the churn report has proven to be be quite effective for many customers. There is a dedicated case study about the Churn report by SOOMLA and Lotum https://soomla.com/case-studies.html#soomla_casestudies_cases
Getting the Report
At the moment, the report can’t be exported directly from the dashboard and has to be requested from your Customer Success Manager (CSM). The report can be requested in 2 formats:
- One time - if you are unsure if it will be useful
- Recurring (monthly) - you want to monitor the advertisers and and any changes that happen over time
When requesting the report from the CSM, make sure to specify the target app, country(ies) and initial date range.
The report is provided with no additional cost.
Are you able to provide a list of the users who have churned?
Sure! Just contact your account manager and they will be able to get that for you.