Q: Where do you get the data from?
Through a network of apps, SOOMLA monitors over 10B monthly ad impressions featuring over 20K advertisers. In each one of these, our SDK detects the specific advertiser of that ad impression in addition to matching data points and performance metrics like CTR and IPM. At the same time, our backend analyzes over 7M validated revenue data points that can be matched against the ad impression events. All this data is aggregated across many apps and broken down to an advertiser level.
Q: What’s the major difference between AdIntel and other app intelligence platforms?
Most of the app intelligence platform get their data from the official rankings of the app stores. This type of analytics has 2 main problems:
- It’s available through multiple sources for some time now so there is not a lot of new information that can lead to finding an opportunity in the market. In addition, even when an opportunity shows up it’s almost guaranteed that it will be chased after by multiple companies.
- It completely misses out on a big sector of apps that monetizes with ads while aggressively investing in UA. These apps represent over 50% of the app ecosystem revenues these days.
The AdIntel platform by SOOMLA offers a platform that is focused on the uncovered part of the market. It allows you to be the first one to find opportunities in the sector that is experiencing the most amount of innovation these days.
Q: Why can’t I find my own app?
If you advertiser in other mobile apps through the networks we cover and you can’t find your own app it is most likely that you haven’t made the threshold. To be covered your app needs to spend on advertising at least $500 in:
- A single week
- In a single combination of Platform, Ad type, Network, Country
For example, if you spend $600 on Ironsoruce, RV, Android, US your app will be covered.
Other reasons could be:
- You are advertising in a network we don’t cover
- You are targeting specific publishers only (this is rare)
- You are advertising in China on Android users - we don’t cover Android in China as our reach is limited to Google Play and Apple Apps store while android app distribution in china uses different app stores.
- Your ads are not showing up inside apps - we only cover ads inside mobile apps so if your ads end up in mobile web
Q: Why does the platform have rankings and ratios rather than actual values?
Our data is sample-based. We see billions of ads but not all of them. It is the biggest sample used by any app intelligence platforms. When we see that advertiser A spends more than advertiser B by x% on our sample it is a highly accurate reflection of reality and we have validated that with some of the ad networks.
Q: Doesn’t the data belong to your customers?
We are not exposing data coming from a specific customer and the data is aggregated across hundreds of apps. This data falls in the same category to the Benchmarks Reports SOOMLA have been publishing on a quarterly basis. So the short answer is no.
Q: What are you hoping to achieve with AdIntel?
SOOMLA has been and is still about shedding light on the dark areas of In-App Advertising. We have been doing that on our blog, we have been doing that with our Publisher Insights platform, we have been doing that with our Benchmark Reports and now we can do that with AdIntel as well. We believe that even though a single party may not like a specific data point in some situation, overall this mission helps all parties involved in the ecosystem as it makes the pie bigger. Increasing overall transparency allows more advertisers to spend their dollars with confidence and more publishers to build sustainable businesses that rely on ads as their main source of income.
Q: Is there a way to try the platform for free #askingforafriend?
Yes, have your ‘friend’ follow THIS LINK to sign up for a free trial.
Q: I already have an account but I can't find the login link - can you help?
There you go - Login Here
Q: My invitation expired - how do I regain access
Email us at support [at] soomla [dot] com and we will send you a new invitation.
Q: I'm logged in but the dashboard shows a black screen or "not authorized" message on Safari
If you are using Safari and get stuck immediately after login showing a screen like this one:
You may need to disable a setting called "prevent cross-site tracking" in your Safari app. This can be done by following these steps.
1) Open Safari if it is not already open.
2) Click the "Safari" menu and choose "Preferences" and then "Privacy"
3) Depending on your version of OS:
4) Click prevent Cross Site Tracking to disable this setting.
1) Go to the settings app.
2) Choose Safari
3) Find for the settings “Prevent cross-site tracking” and disable it