Data health indications are scattered across several dashboard screens and meant to reflect data collection issues at an early stage.
These indications are based on a score that represents the ratio between information collected from Ad network API and the information collected from Soomla SDK (for the same Ad network).
In other words, Data health indicates the gaps between the information collected from the API and information collected from the SDK.
This feature assists with identity data issues form the App level (In cross Apps Screen).
Scoring levels(from top to bottom)
- Integration(Ad Network)
- location (US or Rest of the world)
- Ad type
Cross Apps Screen:
hoovering the sigh will show you the Data health App Score, and by click on sigh will direct you to the App integration screen for where you could easily investigate the problem root cause
- Revenue proportion - indicate the portion of the total revenue for the past 7 days(excluding last day) generated by this ad network
- Data health score - an average of the revenue coverage weighted by API Revenue for the past 7 days (excluding last day)
- Health signs:
- When revenue proportion is larger than 10 % and the health score is more than 85%
- When revenue proportion is less than 10 % and the health score is lower than 85%
- When revenue proportion is larger than 10 % and the health score is lower than 85%
Integration screen including an expandable section that indicates SDK data healthiness with scores.
Data healthiness is measured by the ratio of SDK data(matched revenue) divided with API data(revenue)
Our scoring mechanism is based on the daily revenue coverage, scores representing the average of the revenue coverage weighted by API Revenue.
** last day is excluded from this logic as it may represent partial data
In order to focus the problem (if any) we divide the location into two, default country (US by default) and the rest of the world.
However, if your main market is not the US, you should consider changing the default country to the main country on the settings screen
- API revenue is the ad revenue that was reported by the ad network and collected by Soomla through ad network API
- Revenue coverage is a ratio between the revenue that was calculated using the SDK divided with the revenue that was reported by the ad network
- Impression coverage is the ratio between the Impression that was calculated using the SDK divided with the Impression that was reported by the ad network
- Daily indication
- Is indicate that both revenue & impression coverage is above 85% and less than 115%
- Is indicate that revenue or impression coverage less than 85% or over 115%
- Last day data is in process, for this reason, it may be partial. Therefore, the last day is excluded from scoring logic
- Ad type - Data health sign (refers to the previous 6 days, excluding last day)
- all previous 6 days there were no discrepancies for this ad type
- all previous 6 days there were discrepancies for this ad type
- on the previous 6 days, there were some discrepancies for this ad type
- Location breakdown (US & Rest of the world) with a weighted average
- Platform weighted average score
- The number of daily discrepancies that were detected during 6 days (excluding last day)
Common Data Validation issues:
- In cases of a new integration with a new app/onboarding, it might take a few days till the "Data health" coverage will get stable
- Old Soomla SDK version which does not support newer network SDK
- Soomla SDK is missing on several app versions that are in use - (SDK Release Notes)
- Placements from old app versions or from other games that were initialized with the wrong app key
- In Cases when last day Revenue covarage is 0% - It mostly data processing delay as data health is not get updated soon as we fetch the revenue from API, which eventually causes a 0% rev coverage
- App versions on different stores without Soomla SDK (Samsung, Amazone store, Huawei AppGallery etc....)
- Soomla SDK must be initialized before the ad networks SDK (Soomla SDK Integration guide)
- Ads were shown before Soomla SDK was completed initialization
- Ad units that are used cross apps can cause data health issues
- Ad network integration error or missing fetched placements (in cases where the ad network requires to add placement ids, for example, placements from a FB App Id)