What is a query?
When you use the AdIntel dashboard, you can see that every section has tables, charts and other visuals. Every time one of these gets refreshed or loaded that counts as a query. An exception to this rule is the queries generated directly from the loading of the dashboard itself.
How many queries will I be making?
The average number of queries made by a user in a session is around 100 but the number of queries is totally up to you and your self discipline. We have to warn you that it’s quite addictive
How can I track my usage?
You can keep track of queries used in the Account tab. Note that it refreshes every hour so take it slow the first time around.
Examples for standard operations and queries generated
- Login / Full refresh - up to 5 queries
- Refresh (🔄 ) of a single dashboard - 0 queries
- Navigating to or refreshing (🔄 ) the account tab to check your query usage - 0 queries
- Clicking to preview an ad - 0 queries
- Exporting to CSV/Excel - 0 queries
- Maximizing/Minimizing a visual - 0 queries
- Navigating between tabs (left side navigation) - 0 queries
- Reporting an ad - 0 queries
- Moving between sections of the same tab - 1 to 20 queries (depends on the section)
- Filtering inside a section (gray area filters) - typically 1 to 5 queries (depends on the section)
- Searching from the top bar - typically 20 queries
- Selecting an advertiser in the Advertiser tab - 12 queries
- Switching between iOS/Android in the top bar - 40 to 50 queries
- If you toggle a lot between countries and platforms consider bookmarking the ones you use often and opening the dashboard directly to that configuration
- In the first minute once logged in you have a ‘grace period’ in which queries don’t get counted - you can use it to switch the the relevant sections inside the tabs
- Buy a plan that is big enough not to worry about counting queries - we offer great volume discounts and it’s not healthy to obsess over this